Planning a cruise on Carnival and heard about Faster to the Fun (FTTF)? Wondering what perks you get and will it be worth it to you? While I can't tell you what it's worth to you, I CAN tell you what's included so you can make an informed decision. That's what friends do right? 😄
What is Faster to the Fun?
Faster to the Fun is a program offered by Carnival Cruise Lines as an add-on that gives you certain perks. You pay a little extra to recieve the benefits, but it's completely optional.
What are the FTTF Benefits?
- Priority Security, Check-in and Boarding – There's a separate line designated for those with priority boarding and it usually moves a lot faster than the regular line. You will board right after VIFP Diamond, Platinum and guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations.
- First Access to Your Stateroom – Can I tell you that this is worth it for me? Being able to go to my room and drop my bags before going to Lido for lunch is EVERYTHING!!! Okay, let me give you the formal description: Your stateroom will be ready as soon as you board. Now back to me. Since I have learned how to do 7-day cruises with #NoCheckedBags, this means I can unpack, eat and nap all before muster drill! 🤩
- Priority Luggage – Your luggage will receive priority delivery. Even if you aren't part of the #NoCheckedBag crew, you can still get your luggage early. Prior to being Platinum and doing carryon only, I used to receive my luggage early enough to unpack before Muster.
- Guest Services – You'll have a dedicated line and phone extension to handle any questions or concerns. If you've ever had to stand in the long lines at Guest Services, this will be a welcome perk.
- Dining Reservations – Priority assignment in the Main dining Room and Specialty Restaurant Reservations. This actually works. I've been assigned a dining time that I didn't want. I emailed the Maitre D and low and behold I got the time I wanted! 😍
- Water Shuttle Priority – You'll have priority water shuttle from ship to shore. Just go to Guest Services and they will escort you down to ensure you’re on the next shuttle. This does not apply to shore to ship shuttles.
- Debarkation Choices – You can choose early or late debarkation when you arrive back at your home port. Normally, you're assigned a group for debarkation. It's nice to have the option depending on your travel plans.
You're thinking to yourself: All of this sounds great Ola, but how much does it cost? Below is the Carnival pricing for 2020.
Prices Starting From Per Stateroom
2 day cruises
3 day cruises (excluding Carnival Liberty)
3 day cruises on Carnival Liberty
4 day cruises on Carnival Imagination, Carnival Inspiration and Carnival Sensation
4 day cruises Carnival Ecstasy, Carnival Fantasy and Carnival Conquest
4 day cruises on Carnival Elation, Carnival Dream, Carnival Freedom, Carnival Glory, Carnival Horizon, Carnival Liberty, Carnival Miracle, Carnival Paradise, Carnival Sunrise, Carnival Sunshine, Carnival Valor and Carnival Vista
5 day cruises on Carnival Sensation
5 day cruises (excluding Carnival Sensation)
6 day cruises (excluding Carnival Horizon and Carnival Panorama)
6 day cruises on Carnival Horizon and Carnival Panorama
7 day cruises (excluding Carnival Horizon and Carnival Panorama)
7 day cruises on Carnival Horizon and Carnival Panorama
8 day and longer cruises (excluding Carnival Journeys departures and Carnival Horizon)
8 day cruises on Carnival Horizon
A few things to note:
- You can purchase FTTF on the shore excursions page under your home port.
- FTTF is not offered on Carnival Journeys and Europe Cruises.
- FTTF is not offered in the following home ports: Honolulu, Norfolk, Vancouver, San Diego and San Francisco.
- The price is per stateroom, not per person.
- If you're doing a B2B you'll need to purchase FTTF for each cruise.
- You can only purchase FTTF prior to the cruise; ala carte services cannot be purchased on board.
- Because VIFP Diamond and Platinum guests have these perks included as a benefit, the availability of FTTF is capacity controlled based on the number of VIFP Diamond and Platnum members sailing.
- If you complete your online check-in prior to purchasing FTTF, you'll need to reprint your boarding pass and luggage tags in order to have the FTTF stamp on your documents.
- You'll still need to choose an Arrival Appointment during online check-in. [Although you have to do this, you are not bound to it since you have priority boarding. However, if the time you want is not available, please choose the next closest time to when you plan to arrive.]
Still have questions? Check out Carnival's FAQs.
Have you had Faster to the Fun? Was it worth it? Share below.