Your Cruise Girl has been nominated for the Liebster Award! As a new blogger, I am absolutely ecstatic and humbled to have been nominated.
What is the Liebster Award?
The Liebster Award is an award that exists only on the internet and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. It’s a pay-it-forward concept to help promote, connect and support other bloggers.
I was nominated by Lara at Prosperity Passenger – a blog about enjoying life, being prosperous at home and on the road, traveling, and digging deeper into the joys and mysteries of life. Thanks for the nomination Lara!
Once you are nominated, there are several rules…tasks to follow in order to be considered for the Liebster 2019 award.
The rules are:
- Post a story about the Liebster Award on your blog with these points
- Thank the blogger that nominated you and link to their blog.
- List the Liebster Award 2019 rules in your blog post.
- Nominate 2 to 6 bloggers that inspire you with great content and let them know.
- Answer the 5 or more questions set by your nominator and provide new creative questions for those you’ve nominated.
- Link to the original Liebster Award 2019 post tagged here.
- Submit your entry at the Liebster Award site. The entry with the most creative questions will be selected for that year’s winner.
Questions from Prosperity Passenger
- What are your favorite songs from your teenage years that you still rock out to when nobody else is listening? I was listening to a lot of hip hop as a teenager. They’d be considered old school now. I love to hear Run-DMC, LL Cool J, Eric B. and Rakim, and Salt-n-Pepa. If any of those artists come on the radio, I’m in a good mood.
- Who was your childhood actor/actress crush? I was in love with Danny Terrio from Dance Fever and Michael Jackson when he did the Off The Wall Album.
- What’s the most embarrassing moment from your teen years? All of the most embarrassing moments from my teen years are too embarrassing to write here. ?
- What’s the craziest dare you ever took? I was always a truth person, so I never took dares. Truth is not as boring as you think depending on the question. LOL
- What’s the grossest food you ever had to eat to be polite? Okra. But I didn’t eat it to be polite. It was because my Aunt was the I-cooked-it-you-better-eat-it type. To this day, I won’t touch anything with okra in it.
- What’s the worst thing you ever did as a kid — and got away with? My friend and I snuck out of the house to go to a party across town. It was fun while we were doing it. But looking back, it was a really dangerous thing we did.
- What’s the craziest fashion trend you ever rocked? I had this denim jacket that was covered in metal promotional buttons of celebrities and slogans. I’m otherwise a conservative dresser.
- What’s your silliest memory with your best friend? I don’t know what the joke was, but I laughed until I peed on myself. It’s a great memory to have.
- What’s the strangest family tradition in your family? I don’t think we have any strange traditions. We’re pretty normal.
- What was the first concert you ever went to? My first concert was to see Bell Biv Devoe, Johnny Gill, and Keith Sweat. It was awesome!
- What is your craziest roommate story? My college roommates were relatives, so nothing crazy or shocking happened.
Endless Family Travels – The Biggers are a family of three that loves to travel and explore new places. Their blog posts have a lot of good information.
Clara the Exploradora – Clara’s blog offers hacks to help you set realistic travel expectations. She also encourages everyone who travels to “leave no trace” and practice sustainable travel habits.
Travoodie – A Travoodie is a traveler and foodie enamored by both worlds. Hera and Mike use travel and food to self improve and fulfill their personal aspirations. If you love luxury travel and fine food, Travoodie is for you!
My Questions for the nominees:
- What movie universe would you most like to live in?
- What are some small things that make your day better?
- What age do you wish you could permanently be? Why?
- What is your favorite genre of book? Movie?
- What is the most heartwarming thing you’ve ever seen?
- What is something you think everyone should do at least once in their lives?
- What is your dream car?
- Where is the most interesting place you’ve been?
- What amazing thing have you done that no one was around to see?
- What movie title best describes your life?
Congratulations to all the nominees! I look forward to getting to know you better in the coming year!
[…] was still on a high from my nomination for the Liebster Award when I got a surprise notification on Twitter that I was nominated for the Blogger Recognition […]