The Carnival VIFP (Very Important Fun Person) Club is a five-tier program open to all passengers. The program is based on a point system, where members receive one VIFP point for each day cruised with Carnival.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that I have recommended. Please check out my disclosure for more information.
The Carnival VIFP Club is free to join, and even first-time Carnival cruisers get rewards. Benefits start with a complimentary bottle of water and progress, including priority check-in, boarding, debarkation, tender boarding, and restaurant and spa reservations. At higher levels, perks also include:
- VIFP parties.
- Unlimited laundry services.
- Casino discounts.
- Complimentary specialty dining for two.
- A one-time free cabin upgrade (or free fares for third and fourth passengers in one cabin).
The most significant disadvantage of the VIFP Club is that actual benefits don’t really kick in until you’ve sailed for at least 75 days. Carnival also has a Milestone Rewards Program. Members who sail on their 25th, 50th, and 75th cruises with Carnival receive onboard credits of 25, 50, or 75 percent of the cruise fare paid, respectively. In addition, they also receive a special Milestone Sign & Sail card for the corresponding milestone. For example, on the 100th cruise milestone, members receive a free Alaska, Australia, Caribbean, or Mexican Riviera cruise of up to eight days for two people in cabins up to the Ocean Suite level.
VIFP Club Levels and Benefits
- Available on your first sailing
- Receive members-only offers, promotions, and discounts
- Receive member e-letter
- Available from the second cruise through 24 VIFP points
- Receives all Blue VIFP perks
- A complimentary one-liter bottle of water
- From 25 to 74 VIFP points
- Receives all Red VIFP perks
- Complimentary appreciation alcoholic beverage cruises five-nights or longer (available after 5 p.m. on the last evening of each cruise).
- Gold VIFP pin on every cruise
- From 75 to 199 VIFP points
- Receives all Red VIFP perks
- Priority check-in and boarding
- Platinum and Diamond VIFP party on cruises five-nights or longer, with free drinks and hor’s de vours
- Free drink at sea day brunch (on ships where brunch is not available, free beverage at breakfast or lunch in the main dining room)
- A “Chocolate Delight” dessert plate delivered to member’s cabin on cruises five-nights or longer
- Collectible ship- and year-specific pin on each sailing
- Priority spa reservations
- Priority tender boarding (from ship to shore only)
- Buy one get one free tournament entry at the casino (Blackjack or slots only; for passengers 21 years or older)
- $5 arcade credits (for passengers 18 and under)
- Carnival logo gift on every sailing
- Dedicated onboard Guest Services phone number
- Priority line at the Guest Services desk
- Priority debarkation
- Priority seating (early, late or YourTime flexible dining) and priority specialty restaurant reservations
- Complimentary wash-and-fold laundry services (two bags on three- to six-night cruises; three bags on seven- to 12-night cruises; five bags on 12-night cruises or longer)
When you become a Platinum VIFP, you no longer need to purchase Faster to the Fun.
- From 200 VIFP points
- Receives all Platinum VIFP perks
- Guaranteed main dining room and specialty restaurant reservations
- Unlimited complimentary wash-and-fold laundry services
- Invitation from the Captain to a special event (such as dinner, a bridge tour, or a cocktail party) on each sailing
- One-time free cabin upgrade or free third- and fourth-passenger fares
- One-time donation to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, upon reaching Diamond level
- One-time complimentary meal for two at a specialty restaurant of choice
- Complimentary VIFP Club luggage tag set, given once upon reaching Diamond level
- Dedicated toll-free number for sales and services
Mom and I have been at the Carnival VIFP Platinum level for what seems like forever. It’s a long way from 75 cruise days to 200 to get to the Diamond level. We also haven’t hit our first milestone, but we keep chugging along and we look forward to it. I will say that the Platinum perk I enjoy the most is the priority check-in and boarding. Having my cabin ready as soon as I board is the best thing since iPhones. 😃
Are you a Carnival VIFP? What’s your level and what perk do you enjoy or look forward to the most?